Translate

Monday 13 April 2015

What's this all about?


I'm amazed at the number of people that have read my first post, so I've decided to give you all an insight into who I am and why I've started to write this blog.

Here are a few facts about me:

Mid Wales is a beautiful place to live 

 

Fact one: I'm 17 years old and live with my parents and younger brother in beautiful mid Wales.

Fact two: I LOVE running!  I caught the running bug in 2009 and I'm so glad that I did! Running is a massive part of who I am and I cannot imagine my life without it now. I'm very proud to have run for Wales on numerous occasions and feel extremely privileged to have run for Great Britain.

Fact three: I play the clarinet and piano and I've always enjoyed listening to and making all kinds of music.

Fact four: I'm currently studying Physical Education, Biology and Welsh at AS level and one day would love to be a fluent Welsh speaker.

Fact five: Vegetable lasagna is my favourite meal and no; I'm not a vegetarian! Egg is my least favourite food as I cannot stand the smell.

And finally...

Fact six: My family and I have a tabby cat called Toby; he never runs just sleeps all day! 

Why have I started this blog?


I've been reading the "Like The Wind" magazines which collectively bring together people's experiences through running.  This magazine inspired me to put pen to paper (or rather fingers to keyboard) and write about my own experiences through my running journey.

The other (slightly weird) reason is that I had a dream that I wrote a blog post about Kilian Jornet and he emailed me about it. I took this as a sign that I should start blogging...and here I am!

I hope that you will be able to relate to future posts and that I can succeed in inspiring you along whatever stage of your running journey you are at.


And remember:

"You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great" Zig Ziglar

No comments:

Post a Comment