Translate

Wednesday 30 December 2015

2015: A Year To Remember

Hello again,

So another year has almost come to an end and when I was thinking about writing a blog post to summarise my experiences and adventures in 2015, the saying ~A picture paints a thousand words~ came to mind. 
Here are my a thousand words and then some in the form of pictures. 

British Athletics Cross Challenge-Cardiff
Welsh Cross Country Championships
British Inter-Counties Cross Country Champs
A run along the coast path at St Davids with Dad
The forest tracks in Mid Wales are perfect for 
mountain running training

Buttermere 10 Mile Trail Race
British Athletics Mountain Running Training Camp
in Betws-y-Coed
My last ever Mini London Marathon and with it my highest ever placing: 4th
Luke hitching a ride on a deer

UK Inter-Counties Fell Running Champs
British One Mile Road Championships

Ullswater
A perfect day for a long run
GB Trial for Euro Mountain Running Champs
Natural Swimming Pools at Porto Moniz, Madeira
The Team GB team at the Euro Mountain Running Champs
Junior Girls at Euro Mountain Running Champs, Madeira
On the top of Pen-y-Fan
The view from the summit of Pen-y-Fan
1500m 
A Welsh sunset
A damp hill session in the trees
A speed session
A post-run cool down in the sea
Fish and Chips at the seaside
Another Welsh sunset
GB World Mountain Running Championships trial race
Toby examining my Walsh fell shoes
Team GB at the World Mountain Running Champs
A jog along the sea front in Llandudno
Start line at WMRC
Feeling very tired after finishing 5th at the WMRC in beautiful 
Betws-y-Coed

Team GB junior girls post race at WMRC
Earning team silver at WMRC
One of the best things about mountain running is the amazing people you meet along the way
A very sleepy Toby
A bike ride around the lanes of Mid Wales
Touch-down in Italy
The Walsh PB Elites on tour in Italy
A stone in my shoe, resulting in a very painful and disappointing race
The British Girls at Trofeo Vanoni
The finishers of Trofeo Vanoni in Morbegno
A fab high terrain trail running weekend in the Keswick area
My Dad and I enjoying a long run around the area of Keswick
Fantastic scenery for trail running
Running to the summit through the snow and ice covered bogs during a long run at the trail running weekend
Racing at the British Athletics Cross Challenge in Liverpool
A windy long run around the hills of Mid Wales
A long cycle ride around the Elan Valley Dams
2015 has been a year to remember. A year of many ups and a year of some downs as every path in life should have. A year where many precious memories have been made and a year where I have learnt more about myself and life on this amazing planet that we live. The ups have allowed me to appreciate life through the wonderful experiences that I have had the privilege of being a part of, whilst the downs have also allowed me to fully appreciate the good times when they come along and made me more determined to reach success and whilst being happy along the path that life takes me. 
As always I would like to thank, Norman Walsh UK, The Metropole Hotel and The Ron Pickering Memorial Fund for the support this year.  Without the support, I am sure that 2015 would not have been as rewarding and meaningful.
Furthermore, I would like to give thanks to my family and friends that have made the year memorable by being with me every step of the way. Without you, I would no doubt not be where I am today.

Finally I hope that you had a very Merry Christmas and wish you all a Happy New Year.

2016...
~The best way to predict your future is to create it~ Abraham Lincoln

See you in 2016,
Heidi x


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment